Monday, September 21, 2009

St Anne de Beaupre, Canada

Saint Anne de Beaupre. This is a short distance from Old Quebec and close to the St Lawrence River. It is a small town that is well scattered along the road to Beaupre. The setting is gorgeous and the basilica is spectacular. We sat outside and had lunch before going into the Church. It gave us time just to gaze on, not only the Basilica but the beautiful fountain in the front entrance.
On the way to the basilica we had stopped at a copper shop. I love copper....... anyway, we found out that the lady's husband had designed & made the copper doors and all the silver work inside the basilica. What an artist!!!!! It all was gorgeous.

I love this statue of St Joseph and Baby Jesus. I remember having one just like it when I was young. Baby Jesus resting peacefully in his earthly fathers arms just has a very soft place in my heart.
Here is something I discovered...... Do you know Mary's fathers name?????? I knew her mothers name was Anne but honestly I did not know her fathers name.............................. JOACHIUM..................... Nice canvas art work.
This is the church downstairs. Can you believe they not only have a great church up stair......... and believe me............... it is very awesome all on its own............ the ceilings are like nothing I have ever seen before, depicting stories of Jesus's childhood years.
Sunday was the celebration of Grandparents Day here in Canada.... John and I came here at St Anne's de Beaupre. Incense was used during mass and we were in a procession of the Holy Eucharist honoring Grandparents and St Anne. What wonderful memories that brought back to both of us from our childhood.




No comments:

Post a Comment